Monday, October 27, 2014

Time to get back to running

After running the Boston Marathon in 2013 (yes, that year!), I fell into a rut. No more long runs, no regular training, and getting comfortable with not caring about my weekly mileage. It was strange to not run with my buddies at #WSYRRC and not to have pain and aches here and there every once in a while.

But there have been many moments of really deeply missing training hard. Work and life kept me busy enough not to think about this every day but over the last few months, the missing element has been building up. Add to that the NYC Marathon frenzy that is taking hold of the city these days, and I am really reconsidering what I have been doing with "not running" over the last few months.

So it was time to start running. And I got back with three runs over the last few days. I realized what I have been missing. I was a fool not to miss running.

So here we are, at the end of October 2014, waiting for my buddy Chuck to crush NYC Marathon next weekend, and deciding what to do with my own running. Lou has promised to go with me on a run this week. Maybe I will get a chance to talk to him more about what to do. And maybe it is time to get back with the crowd at http://wsyrrc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment